Does your business have an efficient way of drafting policies and procedures?
Well-written policies and procedures bring structure to any business. They serve as a guide for decision-making, and as a control mechanism to ensure consistency. Here are a few more reasons why policies and procedures are a must:
- Clearly detailed steps for job tasks
- Ability to measure employees’ performances
- Well-written policies and procedures lead to consistent and high-quality work
- Procedures serve as guidelines for job training and new employee orientation
- Employee feedback can be used to improve policies and procedures
Whether you are a startup or an established business, policies and procedures become more complex over time. You will need an efficient way of creating, updating and sharing content.
Confluence makes it easy to create and update content as a team
Because policies and procedures are the foundation of your business, they should be accessible for your team members, employees or partners. Confluence is a platform that makes collaboration easy. Not only can users edit content simultaneously, but they also get instant notifications if a team member has made changes to a page.
Clearly structured drop-down menus and tables of content make it easy to navigate through a bulk of information. Rather than scrolling through an endless document, Confluence gives your policies and procedures a user-friendly interface.
What truly makes your content come to life is linking sections to one another. This will allow your team to connect the dots between interrelated policies and procedures.
Here are a few other features you may find useful
- Adding attachments to pages
- Exporting pages as Word or PDF files
- Importing Word documents
- Creating blog posts, file lists, JIRA reports, How-to articles, meeting notes, task reports or product requirements
- Creating separate “spaces” for different parts of the business
- Sending automatic or manual notifications to team members
- Content can be synched between desktop and mobile
- Team calendars
- Keyboard shortcuts
In summary, Confluence is an excellent tool for collaboration. This comes in handy when creating policies and procedures. With the ability to work as a team, chances are higher that your policies and procedures will result in increased productivity, efficiency and consistency.
To learn more about Confluence, head to https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence.